Wednesday

Magenta day

Magenta is one of my go-to colors. I own two magenta colored, collar shirts. Of course, I have lots of shadows that are close but not magenta. So for this post I had to do some explaining.
When you don't own the right color you have to mix two colors together to come up with the color you are going for. For example, there are many shades between lilac and purple. Lilac is more of a light, bluish colored purple which means you can start off with a white-blue shadow and brush purple on top of it.
Okay? So, long story short, I had to mix a couple of colors to create this magenta. I took the hot pink from my Sugarpill sweetheart palette and mixed it with the purple in the burning heart palette. I creates a great deep magenta for my outer-v and crease areas.
I had on pants with all the colors in my shadow (the pants don't show in the pictures). I used the white (Tako) in my sweetheart palette for my year duct area and base for other colors. I then used my Wet n Wild holiday palette to get the purple tinted blue blended after the white.
I had fun with this look and learned a lot about colors. I also learned that a bad shadow will ruin a look. Just because you have some void shadows within a palette doesn't mean they all work the same. *SIGHS* I guess I will continue looking for better shadows. (I need a job just to pay for these shadows.)




No comments:

Post a Comment